Phoenix Alumni Chapter - About Us
The Phoenix Alumni Chapter of the University of Arizona Alumni Association...representing Maricopa County since 1950!
During the ‘80’s and ‘90’s, many U of A events started showing up on the social calendars of Wildcats throughout Maricopa County. Just to name a few…..
· 1981 the first of 4 Jog-a-thons
1982 Community Outreach Committee was created, Dr Jack Copeland spoke on “Heart Transplantation
· 1983 the first of nine Alumni Art Shows
· 1985 Centennial Celebration at Camelback Inn
· 1988 hosts the first of 3 Red and Blue Basketball Scrimmages
· 1990 the first annual golf tournament is held, it raised $808 for scholarships
· 1991 “Salute to Lute” held at Tovrea mansion
· 1992 $40,000 gift made to the Alumni Association for the Century II Campaign
· 1993 a silent auction was added to the annual Kick-Off Dinner
· 1995 begins a joint sponsorship with the Athletic Department and renames the golf tournament “The Alumni Golf Classic”
· 1996 first annual “Lute and the Team” Basketball tip-off dinner
· 1998 25,000 alumni live in Maricopa County
Phoenix Executive Board Officers
President - Marsha Rohan '68
1st Vice President - Cathi Mercer '71
2nd Vice President - Craig Colling '01
Members at Large - Kimberly Rife '98 & Kyle Dillingham '08
Treasurer - Mindy Knicely '97
Secretary - Nicole Johnson '04
For Phoenix Alumni Chapter event information, please contact UA Alumni Regional Director, Mark Strickling at
602-827-2189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in joining the Chapter as a member or volunteer? If so, please contact Cathi Mercer at email@example.com
DONATE TO THE PHOENIX ALUMNI CHAPTER - Make a difference as we assist future scholars.
Support your Phoenix Chapter by becoming a member of the UA Alumni Association!
Did you know that a portion of your membership fee goes directly back to us? Just sign-up at our next event or visit membership website and select Phoenix from the referral code box.
Membership gives you access to discounts at our events, along with career benefits, a full-year subscription to Alumnus magazine, and national savings on everything from travel to entertainment.