Creating broader access to a University of Arizona education is an integral goal of the UA’s Never Settle initiative. With the launch of UA Online, the University has taken a significant leap toward this goal. The new virtual campus will give Arizonans — and the rest of the nation — access to the same great education UA alumni have already experienced, culminating in a world-class University of Arizona degree.
UA Online classes begin this fall, with more than 20 new undergraduate degrees joining the robust slate of more than 40 graduate degrees and certificates the University has offered online for several years. The online degrees are just as rigorous as the traditional on-campus experience and are designed to lead to such rewarding careers as:
- Digital information and data science, with a Bachelor of Arts in Information Science and eSociety
- Data management and software development, with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Informatics
- New green economy, with a Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Built Environments
- Health care and health-related sciences, with a Bachelor of Science in Care, Health, and Society
- Social services for all populations, with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Services or a Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education
- Human behavior research, teaching, and counseling, with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Social effects of media and new information technologies, with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications
UA Online reflects the UA’s vision and commitment to meet the evolving needs of today’s students and working professionals of all ages. Prospective students — from busy professionals advancing or changing careers to back-to-work parents and active military and veteran — can now earn a UA undergraduate degree from wherever they live or work.
“We are thrilled prospective UA Online students now have the opportunity and flexibility to earn their undergraduate degree from one of the top 100 universities in the world,” says Melissa Vito, senior vice president for student affairs and enrollment management and senior vice provost for academic initiatives and student success.
For alumni seeking a new direction or wanting to expand their horizons, UA Online offers a new way to earn a UA degree from wherever a Wildcat resides. Alumni can be of assistance by letting friends and family know of this opportunity to have the same rewarding UA education they received. UA Online fulfills the needs of today’s students for flexibility while providing a life-changing UA education.
|Share Your Thoughts|
Please complete this survey and provide your thoughts about UA Online. As alumni, we would love to hear from you! Thank you.